We made it! It's the final day of our 7-Day Yoga Challenge. As a reward, our final pose is very relaxing and is best done right before bed. So end your last day of our yoga marathon with our final pose that will stretch and strengthen your body.
Day 7: Crocodile Posture
The crocodile posture provides a rotation of the stretched vertebrae and strengthens the belly muscles.
What to Do:
- Come into the dorsal starting posture.
- Stretch your entire spine, your legs, and your arms.
- Bend your knees, and place both feet close together on the ground.
- Place your pelvis further to the left until your weight is on the right side of your bottom. Bend your knees, and lift them toward your chest.
- Exhale while moving the knees completely to the right side and your head to the left side. Make sure that both shoulders are still on the mat and that your neck is stretched.
- Maintain the posture for six complete inhalations and exhalations. You may close your eyes if you like. The more you relax, the easier it is to stay in this posture.
- As you inhale, turn back into the starting position, and compare the feeling in both sides of your body -- both legs, both sides of the pelvis, both sides of your shoulders, and both sides of your face.
- Repeat the asana on the other side.
- Finally, stretch out on your back and feel the effect of the complete asana.
About the Book
Yoga XXL: A Journey to Health for Bigger People shows you how to create a safe, enjoyable, and effective yoga practice no matter what your age, size, shape, or physical fitness level. The author, Ingrid Kollak, RN, PhD, is a licensed yoga teacher who knows that everyone can enjoy and benefit from yoga. With this book, you'll have everything you need to bring yoga - and more health and wellness - into your daily life immediately.